Yuta Hasumi joins us to discuss his work in promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the corporate world and his work with Ikigai Authentic Ltd as an executive coach and advisor for businesses. Yuta discusses his perspective of Ikigai as a Japanese man, and why diversity and inclusion is so important to him. He also gives us some great advice for people experiencing difficulties in the workplace getting their voice heard, especially if they are in a minority or have minority opinions.
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, we’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why Yuta works within organisations to champion diversity and inclusion
- What a diverse and inclusive workplace feels like for the people in it
- Some of the expectations Yuta has felt as a Japanese man
- How to find your voice in your workplace if you are in a minority and/or feel like your voice is not usually listened to
- What made Yuta decide to set up his own company, Ikigai Authentic Ltd
Prefer to Listen?
Please check out the other episodes, like and subscribe!
Yuta Hasumi is the Managing Director of Ikigai Authentic Ltd. He has led the worldwide Diversity & Inclusion business strategy and implementation for over 12 years. Yuta advises organisations and drives leadership accountability through goals and metrics to achieve a diverse & inclusive workforce, workplace, and marketplace for business growth around the globe.
Yuta obtained an MBA with honors in Human Resources Management at Waseda Business School, and holds a BA degree in International Law from Waseda University.
Yuta is also:
- Director of GEWEL, Japan
- Certified Coach, COF, Rosinski & Company
- Chair of D&I Advisory Board, Medito Foundation, Netherlands & UK
- Member of the U.S.-Japan Council, US & Japan
Connect with Yuta:
Connect with Jennifer
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifershinkai/