Be prepared to laugh and maybe even have a bit of a teary moment too and look out for the fabulous shoes! My guest in this episode is none other than Steven Haynes, a most beautiful soul, who is a prolific creator and bringer of joy and love to this world. I hope this episode will be a chance for you to get to know a little more about how he both deliberately and then also spontaneously weaves his ikigai into his many projects and how his biggest wish is to for us all to be happy, to be who we want to be and move forward together.
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, we’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Steven starts his day and how he manages it and finds inspiration
- The opportunity that Steven took to create a documentary that ultimately reunited a trans woman with her parents
- Stevens concerns about the terrible suicide rate in Japan and what he personally does to support the people around him
- Why Steven decided to create a beauty pageant for plus size women and how it’s going – spoiler alert- it’s going great!
- Why your advancing age is your permission slip to do and give more
Prefer to Listen?
Please check out the other episodes, like and subscribe!
Born in San Francisco, USA, Steven Haynes has worked with Japanese and International legends like Diana Ross, Hikaru Utada, Ken Hirai, DCT
Steven is a multi-talented entertainer active in TV, movies, commercials, magazines, events, etc.
In August 2020, he was the Executive Producer for “You Decide (息子のままで女の子になる” which won the Japanese film documentary award at the Los Angeles Diversity Film Festival.
As a beauty pageant producer, he has supported four Japanese winners (Miss International Ikumi Yoshimatsu, Miss International Queen Ai Haruna, former Miss Universe Performing Partner)
Currently, he is the owner and national director of Miss Supra National Japan, one of the top 5 beauty pageants in Japan, and in 2021 launched “Today’s Woman” a plus sized beauty pageant encouraging body positivity in Japan.
Mentioned in this episode
You Decide Documentary: https://www.youdecide.jp/en
Today’s Woman Pageant: https://www.todayswoman.com/
Connect with Steven
Connect with Jennifer
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifershinkai/