Make March Matter Part VII: #Seize September wraps up
This free online community was created on February 27th, 2020 as a way to support entrepreneurs, freelancers and small business owners affected by Coronavirus cancellations.
Our aim is to provide connection, accountability and inspired action. It is a community that brings smiles, cheerleaders and new ideas.
What happened in September?
- 215 people in the Facebook group . Our doors are always open to new members who need support and community.
- 8 Regular Meetings – Monday Morning Accountability Kick Off, Friday Evening TGIF Week in Review. The bookends of the start and end of the week are powerful motivators.
- 1 Guest Speaker Content Sessions –No replay of this but you can catch up on all of the guest sessions video links at Make March Matter – October is going to be a guest fest with 3 speakers almost confirmed! Get your study on!
- 7 Virtual Co-working Sessions hosted by Katheryn Gronauer and Jennifer Shinkai – lots of supportive brainstorming and motivation happening in these sessions
We will continue into October!
The theme for next month will be…..
I was on my run this morning and said “OMG I haven’t planned the theme for next month! The flower will definitely be higanbana (spiderlilies) the harbinger of autumn and cool crisp weather. I’ll save the Japanese maple for November. Right so what are some adjectives that begin with O?” And my mind went blank.
And OMG just felt right so here we go:
- OMG Q4 already! 2020 has been marked by a mysterious passing of time where days blend into each other and especially in late Q1, early Q2 I hardly knew what day of the week it was. But here we are Q4 – the last 90 days. We have a great challenge going on in the group called the Unbreakable 90 Day Focus Challenge – which I in my full on Harry Potter fan mode call “The Unbreakable Vow”. It was launched on September 26 and runs until Christmas Eve – but just join in from now and add a few days on at the end. Thanks to Catherine O’Connell at Catherine O’Connell Law for starting the challenge and creating the daily prompts. Also thanks to Kristen Quillan at Drawing Meditations who made a great google file where almost 10 members are tracking their progress. It’s really inspiring to see all the ways that people are tackling the challenge and what their business priorities are.
- OMG October! How can you inspire a (positive) OMG reaction in your clients this month? How can you get them to say “OMG, thank you! That is amazing!” “OMG, you solved my problem so quickly!” “OMG I need to refer you to all my network, you are fabulous!” ?
- OMG October… my mind is still blank of inspiring”O” adjectives and I like the alliteration and the rhythm. Sometimes, simple is best.
October 14th Guest Speaker Announcement
We already have one of three guest speakers confirmed for Wednesday, October 14th 08:30 Reopen & Reinvent your business with Design Thinking – Brittany Arthur
You can follow all our events here – Other Guests coming on Wednesday October 7th 08:30am and Wednesday October 21st 16:30pm JST
See you over at the Facebook Group
How can you support Make March Matter?
Make March Matter is and will remain a free community. If you are in a position to contribute, I accept payments via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous contributions ranged from ¥10,000 to ¥30,000 or choose an amount of your choice. Entirely optional and gratefully received.
2. Share your knowledge
I’m actively looking for guest speakers to share your expertise, knowledge and offers to the community. You get a great platform to practice your online facilitation and an engaged and interested audience ready to learn from you. Drop me a DM if you might be interested.
3. Grow the community
Invite your friends and partners who might benefit and bring new ideas to the group.
Share the event reviews on your SNS.
4. Shine a light
Write a testimonial on my Facebook Business Page https://www.facebook.com/jennifershinkaicoach/
or LinkedIn Page http://jp.linkedin.com/in/jennifershinkai