On June 29th, 2018, I’m celebrating the start of my third year in business as a Facilitator and Leadership Coach. I am extremely grateful to my family, community and clients for enabling me to bring so much energy to my work, to help so many individuals improve their own performance as leaders and professionals in Japan. I’m so lucky to have the trust and support of so many wonderful people.
I am intensely focused on working with groups within organisations, developing cross-functional communication and deeper understanding of diverse points of view. I love the passionate discussions, aha moments and feedback about the impact the training had on team performance and relationships.
What has changed in Year 2?
- I’ve continued to expand my knowledge base – Professional Certified Coach with ICA, Points of You® Certified Trainer, Management 3.0 Fundamentals, Tara Mohr Playing Big Facilitators Course, BerkeleyX: GG101x The Science of Happiness. Constantly learning new ideas to help clients connect the dots.
- Developed new collaborations with Japanese Facilitators including WinBE (Women In Business Empowerment), Points of You® Japan and fellow independent facilitators.
- I’ve been able to take on some really interesting clients and projects. I’m really able to focus on work that I am passionate about rather than what pays the mortgage. What a gift!
- I got hooked on Spartan Racing and completed another 2 races in Japan.
What trends have I noticed from corporate clients?
- Increased desire to support employees through organizational change
- Focus on creating cultures of open and healthy communication
- Presenting and influencing others continues to be a highly sought after skillset
- Maturing of the discussion from diversity as a single-issue gender model to addressing wider issues of inclusion in some clients
- Developing innovation through inclusion of diverse thought
What can you expect from me in Year 3?
Themes for workshops and support will focus on:
- Innovation through Inclusion
- Developing Ikigai within your Organization
- Resilience during Change
- Connecting the Unconnected – people, ideas or companies
To support these outcomes, I’ll continue to offer presentation skills, cross-cultural training and Points of You® Practitioner Training. My focus is on developing bite-sized development opportunities with shorter workshop sessions, on the job experiments followed by group coaching and reflection.
I will continue to support work style reform and women’s empowerment in Japan through my CSR activities:
- Lean In Japan Creating Change Chapter Leader with 2 active Circles that meet monthly Lean In Tokyo Girls on Fire and Lean In Japan Entrepreneurs
- Deepen the Dialogue Leader
Thank you again for being part of the journey. Looking forward to collaborating and learning together.